Monday, August 23, 2010

Military Museum

I've provided some pictures that illustrate the idea of JQ (close friends, to the point that other people kinda don't get it. e.g., Zang and I have JQ).
Take this picture on the subway of Shirley and Cunning competing with each other by playing Bejeweled. See those grins? Mad JQ.
Now, Katherine and this lady in lavender were sitting directly next to them. Check the expression on this woman's face!

It's like looking at a turtle on a cloudy day: it's not unhappy sitting in the mud, but it's not particularly juiced to be there either. I kept looking back and forth and back again until Katherine asked me to please stop staring at her in public, upon which I took these photos so I could flip between them and giggle to myself privately.
These subway photos were taken on the way to the Military Museum, where I came to the highly original conclusion that everything here was phallic. Something this true should have been undeniable, but I still got made fun of by my peers. I now feel the need to support my assertion with photography:
Exhibits A-G:


This photograph would be the core of my thesis; my piece de resistance:Tired of looking at guns? So was I. People were touching everything. They had non phallic items too, like these real-life Bond type pens, which were actually pistols:
The plethora of guns, tanks, missiles, and brute force made me feel something like the boy in this photograph: attacked.
And a little bemused. I just thought it was overkill, I suppose. I did like this painting for some reason:
But my enthusiasm for it is pretty strongly tempered by the fact that it was probably painted by the same people who killed a lot of people in my grandfather's village. In fact the emotional spectrum of me realizing this was pretty much how I felt about the whole museum: initially, impressed, a bit later, overwhelmed, and finally a little angry.
There was an entire hall of bronze busts. Who does this guy remind you of?
If you're like me, he gave you the overwhelming urge to ride the Polar Express.
Afterwards, we went to Art Street for the first time. Just to give you an idea of how backdated and out of order this photo post is. I'd been planning this one for ages!

2 comments:

  1. haha i love the first 2 photos. and don't worry about the weird order, i think i read your posts out of order too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this. And LOLed a lot. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete