Monday, July 12, 2010

jian dan ai

07-10-10

3:00 PM

Last week, Lei Lei, Zang and I went to see a CJ7 premiere with Stephen Chow and Cecilia and other assorted pop stars associated with that movie; I just uploaded the pictures. I’ll probably make a separate post about this later. I met some of Lei Lei’s friends there; they were Spanish majors and entirely too impressed with my Spanish.

So I discovered for myself part of why Lei Lei earned her nickname. She and Zang went shopping for clothes at the zoo and she bought the most epic piece of clothing ever. It is so insane it loops back around back to awesome; it gives VyVy’s snowflake sweater a run for its money in terms of pure kitsch. Ready? It’s a sleeveless hooded sweatshirt with a reindeer Christmas knit pattern and white poncho fringe. I snuck some photographs because I didn’t want to make her self-conscious by photographing her wearing it (so I could joke about it on my blog… what a nice person I am. But it’s actually praise!). Unlike Vy, I’m fairly sure she isn’t wearing it ironically. But does it matter? It’s so awesome (nióu)!

Monkey just caught me staring out the window, asked me if I missed my family, and gave me a pie, in that order. The ‘pie’ turned out to be a kind of mini pie shaped angel food pound cake with a stiff blueberry crème in the center. It was good, in a Twinkie way.

I think Monkey thinks I’m sad; he just caught me gazing out the window again and he gave me his MP3 player playing “Jian Dan Ai.” It was very sweet of him. I’ve had this song stuck in my head for a solid two weeks, but I think they think it’s the only Jay Chou song I know, so they keep playing it for me. I appreciate the thought anyhow; it really is extremely thoughtful of them to think of it.

I tried to make a Flickr, but it wouldn’t upload photos, so perhaps I'll try again with a different photo host later.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. LOL. LOL.

    my love...i'm sorry, but it's only your gift of seeing the good in others that led you to believe i wore that snowflake sweater out of irony! i thought it was just a nice sweater...i even took it to brown with me

    :( WHY AM I TOTALLY LAME???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you. it was a perfect sweater. NEVER CHANGE. <333

    ReplyDelete