06-21-10
5:30 AM
Look at the time! I’m full of energy, even though I was up late writing yesterday. I’m generally such a narcoleptic that I don’t trust this sudden energy. I’m going to use it to shame myself into fixing my internet and importing photos I’ve taken. Frankly I’ve been stingy with the pictures, I’ve only taken one photo in China so far, mostly because Katherine photographs everything.
So instead, here are the old pictures on my camera. Surprise! Queue up Rick Astley on your playlist:
Whose dog is this, anyways? These photographs are from 2006, I think. These are my friends Tiffo and Winston, we are doing something dorky like kayaking in someone’s pool. I remember this as being crazy fun.
Ok… flash forward four years. Here we were decorating for the RSS banquet… Karen (middle) is my roommate, and she is in Germany doing chemistry research right now. The fob on the right is my aptmate Jess, she cannot put down her phone for a simple photograph; it is a serious problem. Chris helped decorate too, but isn’t in this photo. Why not? He was late, the only reason we took this is because we were waiting for him. (Surprise!)
Of course you wanted to see what the banquet was actually like! Here is a picture I took:
OK, so when I was packing to leave my house for China, I only had a few days at home because I screwed up my visa and had to drive back down to LA to fix it (!) You would think I would be very homesick, and indeed I do miss my father and such, but things like this are really why I don’t miss home at all right now. This photograph wasn’t taken outside, or on a vacation or anything. What actually happened was I was showering and knocked over the shampoo and this fellow crawled out. I don’t like to admit to girly behavior, but I did scream. I showered in the same shower the next day, though (without having killed the spider and being unsure of where it went. Bravery!)
For scale? This is a different spider, but the same species and a little bit smaller, that I had found the previous day near my brother’s bedroom. Yes, I am very proud of these photographs, okay? I kind of wish I’d taken one of the other spider with a penny because it was so big it would have dwarfed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment